Poster Presentation Guidelines
All poster presenters are required to prepare a physical printed poster following the guidelines listed below:
- The Maximum size of your poster shall not exceed (36” W x 48” H).
- Mounting materials will be supplied by the Conference.
- In preparing your poster for the session, we suggest that you limit the amount of printed material to the least possible. If supplemental material is desired, you may hand out information sheets to those viewing your poster.
- Poster material must be prepared in advance and text should be large enough to be read from a distance of 1 meter (3.25') or more.
- Each poster must have a top label indicating the title of the paper, the names of the authors and their affiliations. The size of the characters for the title should be at least one inch higher.
- Keep illustrative material simple. Charts, drawings and illustrations are usually similar to those used in making slides - preferably with bolder, heavier figures. Simple use of color is effective for adding emphasis. Mount illustration on fairly stiff paper - but NOT heavy cardboard.
- Simple "Introduction" and "Conclusion" sections are helpful. When feasible, use graphs for demonstrating qualitative relationships, use tables for precise numerical values. Photographs should be in a matte finish, not glossy.
- Do not fold posters; try to carry them in an appropriate container rolled-up. Do not mail poster presentations in advance, they may not arrive in time; bring them with you to the Conference.
- Please note that there will be no audio-visual equipment in the poster area.
- Please drop your poster off at the registration table with one of our staff members. Your poster will be mounted by the staff.
Posters Location: Poplar Room (same level as conference registration)
Poster Drop Off: Monday, October 17 from 2:00pm to 7:00pm & Tuesday, October 18 from 7:00 am to 12:00 pm
Poster Networking Times:
- Poster Session: Tuesday, October 18 from 3:00 pm to 3:30 pm
- Poster Session: Wednesday, October 19 from 10:00 am to 10:30 am & 3:25 pm to 4:00 pm
- Poster Session: Thursday, October 20 from 9:30 am to 10:00 am, 1:45 pm to 2:15 pm, & 3:30 to 4:00 pm
Poster Removal: Thursday, October 20 from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm